You have no items in your cart.
Honey Wine Highway Hosted Experience
Come join our Winery Tour at Prairie Bee Meadery
Try something different and learn about mead.
Mead is a term given to any alcohol fermented from honey and is the first alcohol that humanity discovered. Learn about the mead making process, come and view our winery equipment and find out what happens when a fruit press explodes. Discover how our mead makers blend science and art to make our mead the most popular in Saskatchewan. Round out the tour with some sampling.
This is a hosted tour with a tour guide and runs at 3pm Thursday to Sunday from May to October.
Costs are $20 per adult (19+), under 19 year olds can be present during the tour but cannot sample.
We recommend an advanced booking, but drop-ins can often bee accommodated.
Come Join a Hosted Winery Tour at Prairie Bee Meadery
Learn about alcohol made from honey – mead! Let Prairie Bee staff provide a hosted winery tour for your enjoyment. Discover how mead makers at Prairie Bee blend science and art to make beautiful drinks. Experience the mead making process, come and view our winery equipment and find out what happens when a fruit press explodes. A sampling of some delicious mead will round out the tour. The first tastes are free! After the tour you can shop to take bottles home and enjoy mead by the glass with a view of the kids in the distance working away in the crafting pavilion.
The tour begins at 3pm Thursday to Sunday from May to October.
Costs are $20 per adult (19+), under 19 year olds cannot sample, but can be present during the tour.
Prefer a self-guided option?
This tour is also offered as a self guided drop-in activity from 11:30am until close at 6:30pm. The self-guided tour can also be enhanced with our app that can deliver a game experience or audio tours in English or French. If you prefer one of these options? Click here.
More Fun Options for your visit
You can choose any of these extras to round out your visit.
- Other Tours – our Pollinator Pathway experience is also available as a hosted or self-guided experience. Learn how we find the honey we need for all that wine.
- Crafting – distract the kids (or yourself) and purchase a craft activity to do onsite in our crafting pavilion or take it home to complete later.
- Sipping – Prairie Bee Meadery craft international award winning meads. It would be cruel to give you a sample and not let you enjoy some wine by the glass on the patio or balcony. We are not cruel.
- Savouring – with our food offerings you can enjoy a Charcuterie, lunch box or deserts.
- Staying – we are members of the Terego & Havest Host networks. If you are a member, book in through the network and bring the RV or tent trailer and stay for a night free of charge with your visit.
Accessibility & Security
- This is an activity that discusses alcohol and sampling is available. Kids cannot participate in the sampling, but can be present on the tour.
- The tour is conducted inside.
- Some tour activities take place on the second floor and requires climbing a flight of stairs.
- Ground floor accessible washrooms.
- Seating is available on the tour
- Pet friendly site.