You have no items in your cart.
Pollinator Pathway Scavenger Hunt
This is a self-guided family friendly scavenger hunt that will help you uncover humanity’s partnership with honeybees – how they live, work, and keep us alive. Suitable for all this game will challenge you to solve riddles, puzzles and maybe even stimulate a bit of competition. Who knows the most about bees?
This scavenger hunt is available for drop-in guests from 11:30am until close at 6:30pm – May to October. We suggest 1.5 hours for the hunt and we also we have many other things to enjoy onsite so don’t arrive too late to partake.
The game is delivered via our app on your mobile device in English or French. Download our app on Android or iOS.
Join Prairie Bee Meadery on a family friendly scavenger hunt
Fascinated with bees and worry about their health? Do you have questions about bees and want to know more? Drop in and visit our family friendly scavenger hunt. You will bee engaged and educated while challenged by riddles and puzzles. By the end of the tour you will be able to answer the following questions and more. How did those bees fly from Europe? How long have humans been bee keeping? I don’t like honey – what have bees done for me lately? What is a skep? How stylish would I look in a bee bonnet? You will also get a glimpse of the future of the human/bee partnership – robohives are in use today across North America.
The nature trail consists of 2-acres of native prairie wildflowers. Enjoy a walk in the field, take a seat and embrace the summer. You will get hands on with an inactive hive and bee keeping equipment. After the hunt the kids can enjoy doing a craft in the crafting pavilion while you enjoy a light meal or wine flight.
This experience is available for drop-in guests from 11:30am until close at 6:30pm – May to October. We suggest 1-1.5 hours for the hunt. We also we have many other things to enjoy onsite so don’t arrive too late to partake.
The scavenger hunt is delivered via our app on your mobile device in English or French. Download our app on Android or iOS.
- Tour cost is $10 per device in use (we suggest 1-2 adults per device, a few kids can always gather in close).
More Fun Options for your visit
You can choose any of these extras to round out your visit.
- Other Tours – our Honeywine Highway Tour is also available as a hosted or self-guided experience. Learn what we do with all that honey (hint: we make alcohol!).
- Crafting – purchase a craft activity to do onsite in our crafting pavilion or take it home to complete later.
- Sipping – Prairie Bee Meadery craft international award winning meads. Enjoy a sample or mead by the glass. Sweet or dry we have something for every palette.
- Savouring – with our food offerings you can enjoy a Charcuterie, lunch box or deserts.
- Staying – we are members of the Terego & Havest Host networks. If you are a member book in through the network and bring the RV or tent trailer and stay for a night free of charge with your visit.
Accessibility & Security
- This family friendly activity is focused on bees, beekeeping and agricultural information.
- The pathway is mown, flat ground, subject to burrowing animal activity and the possibility of random ground holes..
- While not a paved pathway, wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility devices have access in dry weather.
- Washrooms are accessible on the ground floor.
- Each pollinator pathway activity point has bench seating available.
- The tour route does not go within 50 metres of an active bee hive.
- We are a Pet friendly site.
- An EpiPen is available onsite.